Monday, September 27, 2010

Feeling Inspired

I'm feeling very inspired this morning. I just read a few blogs and they really got me thinking. I don't know what you all think about eating healthy, but I'm really getting into it! As the saying goes- "You are what you eat", and I'm now beginning to believe that more than ever! Everything that I read is telling me that good vegetables, fruits, meats, eggs, even breads can help your body work it's best. Now I know that most of you already knew that-so did I, but it never really clicked! Here I am, always tired, feeling worn out, and guess what-hungry! Do you know why I'm hungry? I'm hungry because a majority of all that I eat are foods that have been totally processed (Tomato soup, cheese singles, cheetos, etc). All of those "foods" are filled with fillers-they make our bodies feel full for a small amount of time, and then you are hungry again. Kind of pointless to eat those, when M and I could just be eating REAL foods, without fillers. Who knew? I think that I've finally found my passion, and if I didn't have to do homework, or go to work I would keep researching!
More later this week-after all of my homework is done (including my math which I have really been slacking with!)

3 comments:

  1. That's awesome! Do more research on bread though, you will take that off of your list. Bread is very highly processed and is one of the biggest reasons people gain weight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've actually started making my own bread-I'm going to try to do it every week! And it only makes people gain weight because they eat too much of it. Servings are not as big as people think they are so it's easy to eat more than they should.

    ReplyDelete
  3. True, people will gain weight if they eat too much of anything. People can eat just french fries and lose weight also if they don't eat too many.

    Nutritionally and health wise though, bread doesn't have much going for it. It's basically flour and sugar, it spikes your insulin, and primes your body to store fat.

    On another note, humans have been around for over a million years and just started to eat bread and grains within the last 8,000 years. We're not really adapted to grains, flour, etc. They cause inflammation and are just not great for our health overall. But like I always say, everyone has to do what works for them. If you can get away with a little bread in the diet, then go for it. And baking your own is always better than processed, so that's a good step.

    The more you cook, the better you look. (Although Mike always looks good)

    ReplyDelete