Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Veggie Pot Pie with chicken

M and I have been trying to eat healthier the past few months or so (It's really hard for both of us-we like the convenience and taste of junk food!). We have done a pretty good job so far, and I feel like we are on our way to eating healthier every day. Tonight for supper, I made a vegetable pot pie with chicken, and a whole wheat crust. It was awesome! I know that sounds funny-a vegetable pot pie with chicken-but I heard that in order to get all of your veggies in for the day, it's easier to think of them as a meal, and as your protein for a side. So instead of having chicken noodle soup with veggies, try vegetable noodle soup with chicken. There are lots of benefits of eating this way-one big one for me is that it does not affect your cholesterol, and there is a lot less intake of trans fats. (Cholesterol mainly comes from animal products as well as trans fat.) SO, this is my new project-working on eating more vegetables and fruits, and less carbs and protein. (I'm not going to cut them out-just lessen the amount that I eat, because I know that we eat too much!) Can you tell that I'm really into this whole healthy eating thing?? I'm going to try to update more often (and I know that I've said that before), but I might try to turn this into a healthy eating type of blog.
Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment