Monday, January 18, 2010

Grocery Shopping

I love grocery shopping. I like planning out our meals for the next two weeks, desserts included, and heading out with my list in hand.
Today I will be heading to Sams Club. While we do have enough in our cupboards (minus the essentials: Bread, milk, eggs...) to last for another week or so, we are really lacking snacky type foods. The goal for this shopping trip is to come up with some fun, and healthy snacks, while at the same time, grabbing things that we absolutely need.
Today, I plan on buying lots of fruits...dried, fresh and frozen. Also, yogurt, and different types of nuts. I want to be sure that when we crave something, whether it is sweet or salty, we have something to grab other than chips.
I will be making a trail mix, fruit salad, and one or two dips that we can dip vegetables in (even me!!)
If any of you have ideas for healthy snacks/dinners/lunches-let me know!
All for now

4 comments:

  1. I have not tried this yet, but I have read that you can make a great dip with avocados. Very healthy. Good to see others jumping on the health food band wagon!

    I find nuts of any kind to be a great little snack. Just be careful because they are very calorie dense. It's pretty easy to eat far too many!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep - stay away from the dressings/dips. Avocado does make some awesome dips - as well as beans (navy, garbanzo, back, etc.). Oh - but stay away from Sams! Go to a health food store or Trader Joe's. Buy your fruits fresh & often!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay. This might sound weird but Welch's makes a good dried spiced apple & cranberry mix. SO good. Find it by the craisins.

    ReplyDelete